Posted to uk.d-i-y
cerberus[_2_] cerberus[_2_] is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

"Owain" wrote in message
Maurice W wrote:
which appears to be saying that they're expecting the vehicle access
to be big enough to turn a vehicle around on it. The neighbouring
houses all have narrower gardens, being terraced, and one actually has
a picasso parked on it, which pretty much takes up all the available
space when its parked on there, never mind being able to turn it!
Of all the houses, ours has the widest garden, but on account of a bay
window, it's not as deep. On account of this, our intention is to buy
a super-mini, which would actually be small enough to turn on the
parking space in front of the house.

They're unlikely to allow that as you or a future occupant, or even a
visitor, could have a larger car.

The answer is, as others have said, a turntable.

Owain

As far as I see it, they'll refuse any planning application because it is in
breach of the Highway Code to reverse onto a highway and as such could be
construed to be a breach of the Road Traffic Act.

As others have said, you'd be better with something like this;

http://www.driveawaymat.co.uk/10.html

Don.