Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

On 12 Oct, 09:48, dpb wrote:
Jim wrote:
I'm a landlord, own several houses I currently rent. Based on my
experience with Behr brand exterior house paint purchased from Home
Depot, I'll never buy that Behr brand guano or any paint from Home
Depot again!!

Guess results and opinions are like the proverbial appendages --
everybody has their own...

Used the Behr exterior on the barn here and it worked (spray
application) extremely well, covered well and has/is holding up well. I
have been quite satisfied.

Don't recall the name of the particular product, but it was the premium
line and not that much less than any other of similar quality -- about
$80/5-gal bucket iirc, including a volume discount of 10% or so,
five/six years ago, I forget which w/o looking it up. Retail was
probably pushing $20/gal then. I suspect if buy a $10/gal paint instead
of $20, one will find it doesn't stand up to the higher priced...

--

-- opinions are like the proverbial appendages

FYI...it isn't an "appendage" that opinions are typically compared to.