Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default Home Depot house paint sux big time!!

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:00:45 -0700, ransley
wrote:

On Oct 12, 5:25 am, Phisherman wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 23:42:06 -0700, Jim
wrote:

I'm a landlord, own several houses I currently rent. Based on my
experience with Behr brand exterior house paint purchased from Home
Depot, I'll never buy that Behr brand guano or any paint from Home
Depot again!!

I have had good results with interior Behr. Benjamin Moore for
exterior is good. Consumer Reports has the ratings. Brands, use, and
color matters.

All brands have a cheap line and a top line, I bet you are buying the
cheapest and dont buy what is needed, ex you probably dont know what
grade is needed for a single coat from experiance, you guess, and
loose.

No, I agree with Jim: Behr paint is not good, period. We just used
the deluxe interior latex for bathrooms and kitchens, and the
performance was far worse than the same type of product by Valspar
(Lowe's). The Behr didn't cover well, and the color was not good. The
Valspar covered almost perfectly in a single coat, and the color is
very rich. I'll also never buy Behr, and several of my friends agree,
having had the same negative experiences with this product line.