Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default dropped kerb / offroad parking : planning permission (and refusal!)

"Maurice W" wrote in message
Chums

I'm slowly (as is my wont) progressing thoughts about asking for a
dropped kerb permission, to park on the front garden. (The nature of
the road is that is required planning permission).

The local council are being helpful in email communication, but their
latest states

xxx Rd is classified as a Secondary Distributor Road

Wossat then?

and the Highway
Authority would not allow the formation of a vehicle access without an
off street turning arrangement. Clearly, this would not be achievable
within the dimensions of your front garden and any planning
application would be recommended for refusal.

Anyone had experience of this specific objections to a dropped kerb?

In our street people just do it themselves.

It's messy but ...

Mary