Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-using compression joints.

Mike Clarke wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

You shouldn't be able to remove the olive - unless you have a
specific olive removal tool.

If the need arises you sometimes can. Put an open ended spanner round
the pipe behind the olive and drive it off with a hammer.

Hmmmm! Think I prefer the olive puller :-)

I'd been thinking of getting one for a while, but a bit put off by the £20
ish price tag. Needed one for a job the other day, so I decided to bite the
bullet.

Local plumbers merchant had the Silverline one (copy of the Monument) & sold
it to me for £4:99 - what a result!

They work a treat.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman