Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default Re-using compression joints.

On Oct 12, 2:41 pm, Steve wrote:
wrote:
I have connected a bathroom tap to the exisiting copper-pipe using a
braided flexi connector with a compression joint.
I need to undo this joint briefly in order to make the connection for
the other tap.

If I undo the joint and then re-tighten it, can I still expect it to
be water tight?
Or do I need to replace the olive?

Mark.

Should be OK unless, first time around, it was overtightened. Keep grit
etc. away.

Steve

I know the OP did not ask this but remember that although the same
fitting can be put back on you cannot use a different type of
fitting . They don't all leave the same length of tube sticking out
beyond the olive. if you replace the hose with one where the olvive
should be closer to the end of the pipe it will not seal.

Robert