Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
Look, MKS (Meter/Kilogram/Second) is okay for science and whatnot, but it
just doesn't work for human use.

But it could. The conversion is what's difficult. When gasoline is sold
by the liter, who gives a **** about the gallon? We'd see one gas station
selling gas for 64 cents per liter and the station on the other side of
the street is selling it for 69 cents, how tough is it to figure out? We
will figure out that our cars can go 500 km on a tank, which will hold
maybe 60 liters. It won't take all that long to become comfortable with
it. If Europe was able to manage it, why the hell couldn't we? Aren't we
smart enough?

I think we are smart enough. I think the rest of the world uses metric
because they need something that they think is simpler. Is the rest of the
world smart enough to use inches?