Posted to rec.woodworking
Mason Pan[_2_] Mason Pan[_2_] is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

In plywood business ,four by eight feet is 1220X2440 mm in metric system .
We sell 1220x2440 or 1250x2500 mm plywood / film faced plywood to Europe ,
USA and other countries .

--
Mason Pan
Blog: http://www.plywood.cc/

"Andrew Barss" wrote in message
Mason Pan wrote:
: We use metric measurement in the business of plywood/film faced
: plywood/blockboard/MDF/Hardboard and so on .All our plywood businesses
were
: finished by using metric measurement, even if we do business with US, UK
or
: Ca customers .

Aren't "metric" plywood sheets something like 1200 x 2400 millimeters,
which is oddly very close to four by eight feet?

And aren't bords in Europe sold in 2.4 meter lengths? Not a natural
unit in metric.

-- Andy Barss