Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:12:38 GMT, "Lee" wrote:

I am getting a bit fed-up with the 15/32...13/64... and the rest of the crap
measurements we use here. Why shouldn't I go to what the rest of the world
uses? Metric. Please no political BS. Seems like using 10's is a lot
easier.No I'm not too old to change (62).G

Go buy a couple of metric tape measures and have at it. I think you
could use whatever you like. You might have to replace bits and maybe
other things but as far as measuring goes, what difference does it
make as long as you always use the same thing? Of course for me, all
of the code requirements are still in inches so I'd have some
converting to do.

BTW, the scale on my Bies has both but the inch scale is on the top
where you can almost see it under the top of the pointer. I kinda
wish it was the other way around. I haven't spent the $15 for a
replacement scale in inches yet but I may have to.

Mike O.