Posted to rec.woodworking
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

HeyBub wrote:
Look, MKS (Meter/Kilogram/Second) is okay for science and whatnot, but it
just doesn't work for human use.

But it could. The conversion is what's difficult. When gasoline is sold by the
liter, who gives a **** about the gallon? We'd see one gas station selling gas
for 64 cents per liter and the station on the other side of the street is
selling it for 69 cents, how tough is it to figure out? We will figure out that
our cars can go 500 km on a tank, which will hold maybe 60 liters. It won't
take all that long to become comfortable with it. If Europe was able to manage
it, why the hell couldn't we? Aren't we smart enough?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com