Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

Lee wrote:
I am getting a bit fed-up with the 15/32...13/64... and the rest of
the crap measurements we use here. Why shouldn't I go to what the
rest of the world uses? Metric. Please no political BS. Seems like
using 10's is a lot easier.No I'm not too old to change (62).G

What with China making all the tools, we're slowly indoctrinating them into
the Imperial system. Then all the stuff that goes to Europe, etc., will be
in FPS measurements and all will come back to that which has worked so well.

Look, MKS (Meter/Kilogram/Second) is okay for science and whatnot, but it
just doesn't work for human use.

"A pint's a pound the world around" and it will be again.