Posted to rec.woodworking
Ferd Farkel Ferd Farkel is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

On Oct 11, 6:12 pm, "Lee" wrote:
I am getting a bit fed-up with the 15/32...13/64... and the rest of the crap
measurements we use here. Why shouldn't I go to what the rest of the world
uses? Metric. Please no political BS. Seems like using 10's is a lot
easier.No I'm not too old to change (62).G

Metric is to blame for 15/32" plywood -- it's the nearest
Imperial approximation of whatever some overseas plywood
factory is producing in metric, specifically 12 mm.

Imperial units math is really quite easy. To divide a
fraction by 2, simply multiply the denominator by 2.