Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Is it just me, or ...........

SteveB wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:40:50 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
pyotr filipivich wrote:
I could use two, but one would be enough. Now if I can just
figure
out where to put it first. At least I don't have to clear stuff away
first. Yet.

I could use at least one 20' container myself, possibly two. Not sure
about the feasibility of a group buy however since they are pretty
cheap
to begin with and the shipping expense is the issue.

Would shipping a stack of two be significantly more expensive than
shipping one?

Thanks,
Rich

Transportation height limitations would keep you from transporting two.
Although, they do move houses and tall things. It's just that the cost
becomes prohibitive. So, whatever it costs to have two sent at the same
time, that's what it costs. Perhaps they could put them on two separate
trailers with one tractor. (Diesel powered pulling rig) But I don't
know
about how they offload, and if companies would do that, or have to send
out
two separate trucks. Maybe a flatbed with a trailer ...........

Class?

Class?

(Imagine Ben Stein in Ferris Beuller's Day Off)

Steve

They double stack them by rail... Of course not many of us have our own
rail sidings

Two 20' containers would readily fit on the usual 45'+ tilt bed trailers
they normally use to deliver containers to ground level sites actually.

Remember the 13'6" federal height limits. IIRC, that is what it is on most
overpasses.

Steve

Um, two 20' containers will fit end to end on said 45'+ flatbed.