Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default your thoughts on metric

"Robatoy" wrote

A ton is as heavy as a tonne, as far as I am concerned, and the whole
world should switch over to smidgens and tiches.

While I much prefer RCH's and gnats asses, I do occasionally use the metric
side of a ruler when I can't extrapolate the precision I want with the inch
side ... but remembering which mark it was ten minutes later can be a big
problem.

And, I have gotten real good at converting fractions to decimal equivalents
for entry in my CAD program, mainly because it's easier to enter distances
for that particular software that way as it is "default", and I can't ever
remember from one boot to the next how to change "default".

(There's a common thread, but I can't remember what it was ...)

But, I fondly remember, and could still make immediate change in a poker
game to this day, in guinea's, sovereigns, half sovereigns, pounds, crowns,
half crowns, florins, shillings, pence, sixpence, threepence, halfpenny and
farthings ... and am saddened that they are things of the past.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/30/07