Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electonics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default Cleaning PC

John Popelish wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Trying to vacuum down in heatsink crevices I can't get there.

Any caveats with just taking an air hose to it ?:-)

The biggest problem with compressed air is it blows the dist everywhere
(both inside the box and all over the room).

I often use compressed air, but I have to take the box outside to do it,
or hold the vacuum hose in one hand and the air gun in the other and
suck up the dust, just as the air jet knocks it loose. This way, I only
have to move it once, not chase it around the box lots of times.

What also really helps is a shop vac with a drywaller's bag plus filter
in there. HW stores have those.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com