Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchen cabinet height question

"SteveB" wrote in message
My wife is short. We recently remodeled a house, and had custom cabinets
installed. No problem. We made them to fit her. Then we bought another
house, and apparently, it was owned by Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain. The
top of the outlet plates are at 54" and the bottom of the wall cabinets
are at 60".

We will be remodeling this, also. And the heights of the outlets and
cabinets will be set to her dimensions.

What is the standard height for outlets and the bottom of kitchen
cabinets? Or do you do as we did and make it for the user? There must be
standards as in tract houses.

Steve

Be careful with strange customization in the kitchen, if you have thoughts
of selling the house in the future. Some buyers will walk right out, if they
don't want to spend the money to put the situation back to normal.