Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Kitchen cabinet height question

My wife is short. We recently remodeled a house, and had custom cabinets
installed. No problem. We made them to fit her. Then we bought another
house, and apparently, it was owned by Wilt the Stilt Chamberlain. The top
of the outlet plates are at 54" and the bottom of the wall cabinets are at
60".

We will be remodeling this, also. And the heights of the outlets and
cabinets will be set to her dimensions.

What is the standard height for outlets and the bottom of kitchen cabinets?
Or do you do as we did and make it for the user? There must be standards as
in tract houses.

Steve