Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
The Other Funk The Other Funk is offline

Default Star drill?

Finding the keyboard operational
SteveB entered:
wilshak entered
Thanks. The job is finished. Thanks to some others, I used only the
tools I had at home. Nothing spent but my energy.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Hey, no problem. Any time you need advice, just come to the helpful
folks here, then ignore what we say. Hope you really get your ass in
a bind next time and ask for advice.

Steve

There seems to be quite the tempest in a teacup brewing here. As I see it,
Bill asked where he might find a star drill and then explained why he wanted
it. Some people told him that he was going about making the holes the wrong
way and that he should get other equipment. Bill did state, more then once,
that he had no intention of getting other tools and wanted to do it his way.
He didn't say why he wanted to do it his way but it's his choice. Instead he
was told that he was wasting his time and it was implied that he was stupid.
Let me put it another way. I like to do a bit of woodworking. I get a piece
fo tree trunk and split and cut it into boards. Now I could buy boards but I
choose not to. I also prefer to use hand tools more then most people would.
So if I asked where I could find a new blade for my frame saw and got
replies telling me to buy a band saw, I would be rude if I ignored that
advice?
Bob

Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com