Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Banning house paint is RACIST!

on 10/11/2007 9:51 AM JoeSpareBedroom said the following:
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

"[TEXAS] 'I believe controlling the color you paint your house is
basically profiling the Hispanic community,' said Elizabeth
Villafranca,
whose family owns a Mexican restaurant in Farmers Branch. 'We all know
who
paints their homes tropical colors.' "

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5204649.html

It's amazing how much time people are willing to waste fighting nonsense,
while ignoring what's important.

But being a member of the Church Of The Perpetually Offended is
important to some people.

One of my neighbors painted his house in a color that's completely absurd
for the surroundings, but after many years of practice, I've perfected a
unique skill: I don't look. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

Where I used to live, there was a historical zone from the 1700s where
many historical US Revolutionary War events happened.
The people living in this area could not have exposed ACs, TV antennas,
satellite dishes, vinyl siding, Christmas lights other than a single
candle in the windows, and a restriction on any house color other than
those available in the late 1700s.
One homeowner, in protest, painted his house in various shades of
purple. It looked kinda cute, like a building that belonged in Disney World.
I don't know what the result of the protest was since I moved away
before the final decision was made.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY