Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
willshak willshak is offline

Default Star drill?

on 10/11/2007 10:23 AM willshak said the following:
on 10/11/2007 9:15 AM RicodJour said the following:
On Oct 11, 8:35 am, willshak wrote:

on 10/10/2007 1:08 PM said the following:

Don't know if you found it yet but you can get them from ACE or other
hardware stores. There listed under chisels as a star drill. I got a
few at home but havent tried them out yet. I didn't see where anyone
answered you yet and couldn't tell if you got an answer.
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...1292223&cp=256...

good luck

Thanks. The job is finished. Thanks to some others, I used only the
tools I had at home. Nothing spent but my energy.

Not quite. You also spent a lot of other people's energy who were
being helpful.

I'm glad that you got the job done, that there were only half as many
holes as you thought, that you learned to step up drill bit sizes as
you drill larger holes in tougher material if you don't have the right
tool, etc. I still don't understand the selective thanks bit.
Everyone was trying to be helpful - scratch that - everyone _was_
helpful, you just didn't like what you were reading. Advice is funny
like that.

Next time you run across a thread where the OP flat out refuses to
listen to advice you know is right, and argues about it, think - that
could be me.

If someone asks for advice, and I have advice to offer, I will offer
it, unless someone else has already offered the same advice.
If someone is asking where to buy a certain item, and I know where, I
will offer locations, unless others have already given the same
locations.
No sense having a bunch of people repeating the same thing. Especially
when it is not the answer to the question asked.
A lot of the fault lies with me. I should have sent the message after
just asking where to get the tool, rather than continuing on with the
purpose of the tool.

BTW, please point out the message(s) where I argued with anyone.
I simply ignored the messages that didn't answer my question.
Any responses I made were in direct response to a question asked, or an
answer to my original question.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY