Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Banning house paint is RACIST!

On Oct 11, 7:01 am, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 07:33:55 -0500, HeyBub wrote:
"[TEXAS] 'I believe controlling the color you paint your house is basically
profiling the Hispanic community,' said Elizabeth Villafranca, whose family
owns a Mexican restaurant in Farmers Branch. 'We all know who paints their
homes tropical colors.' "
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5204649.html

Yeah, we have your tropical colors. What would you like? Redish-tan?
Greenish-tan? Bluish tan? We're running a special this week on tanish gray.

They tried to pass a county ordinance that specified paint color had
to be 'approved'. No definition of an 'approved' color was included,
left up to the building inspector. There were a lot of other
Ayatollah restrictions included. It was put were the sun doesn't
shine by our county attorney. Not satisfied with that, they hired a
consultant attorney who told them "put it where the sun don't shine".

Harry K