Posted to sci.electronics.repair
D-unit[_2_] D-unit[_2_] is offline

Default Vacuum tubes

wrote in message ups.com...
how do you test vacuum tubes to see if they are any good?

In the good old days....

You could go down to your local Eckerd drugs and use their TUBE TESTER.
It was a rather large console filled with knobs switches and buttons. You
used a paper scroll to find your tube number i.e. 6V6. Then, you
read the settings for the tube and set the machine accordingly.
In the bottom of the console, were drawers containing new tubes.
Hopefully, if yours was bad, they had a new replacement.

I wonder where they all went?

I have since aquired an old health kit suitcase model but I don't think it works.
I havn't really needed it.

db