Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

Ecnerwal wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson

Buy a 50 foot (or whatever it takes, that was the longest one I recall
seeing when I bought a 25 foot one last year to solve a similar problem)
parallel printer cable, unless you have some other reason to want to
network it - but if the logical PC as print server is not also going to
live in the closet, it still might be the cheaper solution.

If that seems like an expensive solution, shop better - some places
charge way too much for cables.

I have boxes of parallel printer cables stacked in the storage
building. Let me know if anyone needs any. Standard, and long ones,
free, if you pay shipping.

Also, there are plenty of DB25 and DE9 serial cables in various
lengths. The same deal, you only pay for shipping, if you can use
them. When I get caught up on the 'Computers for Veterans' project, I
am going to thin the cable herd, and sell the scrap copper.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida