Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default how to repair lifted trace pads ?

At the shop, we have some leftover 2 part mix
glue that is now outlawed. You have to wear a
face shield when applying in a very opened or
ventilated area. You place one compound on
one piece while you place the other compound on the
other piece to be joined. Nothing takes place until
you actually join them. You have to be rather quick
in getting them into position correctly. It gives off
a mist that is very toxic. This is for industrial use
only and requires a on sight [sic!] permit to use it.

Or another question... What is it?

It sounds as if it's a two-part spray-on adhesive. There are non-spray
adhesives of this type, as well as single-component spray adhesives. I'm
curious as to what it is, and why it requires an "on-sight" permit. It's
hard to believe that a company would manufacture a "highly toxic" spray
adhesive.