Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Is it just me, or ...........

pyotr filipivich wrote:

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner wrote on Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:24:38
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:56:55 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

SteveB wrote:
Today, I attacked the garage full of boxes from my recent move. I did the
McGyver thing and put up some old cabinets I had, a sheet of pegboard,
mounted the screw drawer arranger thinguses. Was pretty proud of myself.

Then, I started on the boxes. As I went, some things were very apparently
garbage. I was tossing a lot of things in the garbage can. Then I thought,
why, I could use that for this or that. Or I just recently was looking for
one of those. So, I emptied the garbage can on the floor and went through
it again. I now have a box of pieces of strap, corner braces, ones and twos
of all manner of crap. I felt somehow a little more secure afterward
thinking I may have saved some treasures from the dumper.

I still have three 5 gallon buckets full of fasteners, all mixed together.
Must be 5,000 .22 cal powder cartridges in there. Thousands of nuts and
bolts to be categorized, and hundreds of one of a kind use connectors and
things. Plus lots of hanging plastic boxes from the Borg to fill up the
hundred pegboard hooks I have.

I hung up four flat racks that used to make up a standing rack. I put them
18" down from the ceiling, and use them for the light stuff. Took a lot of
stuff off the floor.

I was feeling so obsessive/compulsive, and really didn't throw away a lot.
I paused for a beer, and about three later, shut her down for the day. I'll
go at it tomorrow, but I just have so much to categorize.

Is it me, or does everyone have trouble paring down "stuff"?

Steve

Guilty as charged judge...

Jeff

Maybe its a good time for a group buy of 20' cargo containers?

I could use 2.....

I could use two, but one would be enough. Now if I can just figure
out where to put it first. At least I don't have to clear stuff away
first. Yet.

I could use at least one 20' container myself, possibly two. Not sure
about the feasibility of a group buy however since they are pretty cheap
to begin with and the shipping expense is the issue.