Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
David L. Foreman David L. Foreman is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 10:39:21 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson

Jim
I use a TrendNet 10/100Mbps Parallel Print Server
TE100-P1P hooked up to an HP DJ890C printer and no problems.

http://www.trendnet.com/products/f_printservers.htm

Purchased at SWS Electronics here in Tucson.
Also have a USB to Network server as well.
I had to change the address on both of them to the local networks addressing.
Dave Foreman