Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Crown molding on vaulted ceilings

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:55:22 -0700, USA1st
wrote:

On Oct 10, 7:37 am, Steven Andrade wrote:
Thanks for the input.

I'm fine with flat molding but am totally unable to cut crown without wasting 2x
as much as I end up with on the wall.

Due to the height, and lack of skills, I'll hire a guy with a scaffold.

Any more thoughts on what if anything to do along the apex of the ceiling?
Last house I had we screwed a 2x6 front to back along the apex, then nailed on
rough sawn cedar for a boxed beam look. This time we want something more
contemporary.

I don't mean to sound ignorant here, but I don't understand what you
mean by apex. Can you post a picture somewhere?

Okay. We are all cone-heads, so the pointy tip is the apex.

Unless I'm wrong.

--
Oren

"I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."