Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Is it just me, or ...........

Yea Me.
I filled a 55' truck and drove a 14' myself in my move.
The 55' was to be shared with two small movers. Yea right - I told them
two weeks before no way. Whole line truck.

I used the blanket racks below the bed since they were empty.

Barbara and I bought 300 book boxes a month before to pack out books ourselves.
That saved a lot of packer tears and later where the heck is that book...
Numbers are a friend.

Collector in a number of collections... :-) I get it legal.
Mom and Dad lived through the depression and they were the same way.
Never throw out anything that could be used.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

SteveB wrote:
Today, I attacked the garage full of boxes from my recent move. I did the
McGyver thing and put up some old cabinets I had, a sheet of pegboard,
mounted the screw drawer arranger thinguses. Was pretty proud of myself.

Then, I started on the boxes. As I went, some things were very apparently
garbage. I was tossing a lot of things in the garbage can. Then I thought,
why, I could use that for this or that. Or I just recently was looking for
one of those. So, I emptied the garbage can on the floor and went through
it again. I now have a box of pieces of strap, corner braces, ones and twos
of all manner of crap. I felt somehow a little more secure afterward
thinking I may have saved some treasures from the dumper.

I still have three 5 gallon buckets full of fasteners, all mixed together.
Must be 5,000 .22 cal powder cartridges in there. Thousands of nuts and
bolts to be categorized, and hundreds of one of a kind use connectors and
things. Plus lots of hanging plastic boxes from the Borg to fill up the
hundred pegboard hooks I have.

I hung up four flat racks that used to make up a standing rack. I put them
18" down from the ceiling, and use them for the light stuff. Took a lot of
stuff off the floor.

I was feeling so obsessive/compulsive, and really didn't throw away a lot.
I paused for a beer, and about three later, shut her down for the day. I'll
go at it tomorrow, but I just have so much to categorize.

Is it me, or does everyone have trouble paring down "stuff"?

Steve