Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

Jim Thompson wrote:

I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson

Buy a 50 foot (or whatever it takes, that was the longest one I recall
seeing when I bought a 25 foot one last year to solve a similar problem)
parallel printer cable, unless you have some other reason to want to
network it - but if the logical PC as print server is not also going to
live in the closet, it still might be the cheaper solution.

If that seems like an expensive solution, shop better - some places
charge way too much for cables.