Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
petrus bitbyter petrus bitbyter is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

"Jim Thompson" schreef in
bericht ...
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 19:57:20 +0200, "Frithiof Andreas Jensen"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" skrev i en
meddelelse ...
I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

Buy a new one that is already networked! Cheaper and Simpler!!

I am happy with my Canon PIXMA IP4000R.

Just ordered an hp LaserJet P2015DN, but I have also an old hp1120C
and a Stika stencil cutter that I'd like to get off of my desk.

...Jim Thompson

Well, HP has a nice solution: The HP Jetdirect 170x. They have more, more
expensive solutions as well. My local computer store has much cheaper
parallel printer servers. (About 50 Euro). Personally I fired up an old
WIN98 engine with some adapter cards. It served me well for the printers.
The scanner gave some problems however.

petrus bitbyter