Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

Jim Thompson wrote:

I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson

How 'bout getting this plus a USB-LPT adapter:

http://www.lantronix.com/device-netw...vers/ubox.html

USB-LPT used to be available at Walmart for under $20 but their web site
seems to be toast right now. Again. No idea if such a combo works but
per the Lantronix ad there is a good chance that it might. Then you
could hang all kinds of other stuff onto this box.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com