Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joerg Joerg is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

Joel Kolstad wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...

Nice! How well does the duplexing work?

Quite well; I haven't had any problem with it. The only thing to be aware of
is that, since it's an ink jet, after it prints side 1 it just sits there
waiting for the ink to dry before it pulls it back in and prints the second
side. That makes it slower to print, e.g., 10 duplex sheet than to perform
manual duplexing (print all the odd pages, flip the stack over, print all the
even pages), but it's still worth it to me (I guess I'm usually not in that
big of a hurry...).

For 13"x19", I've found that it is sensitive to paper alignment: It is
possible to load the paper crooked enough that it'll just sit there and ram
the paper into the side of the carriage, eventually ripping it. I've learned
to be careful about this (besides loading the paper and straight as possible,
the trick seems to be allowing a little bit of play in the paper guide -- not
having it jammed all the way up right next to the paper's edge) and haven't
torn a sheet in quite some time. It reminds me of the older D-sized HP roll
paper plotters that had the exact same problem -- if you didn't get the paper
very, very close to perfectly square, the paper would slowly drift towards the
edge and eventually rip.

Ink jet can get rather expensive for high-volume users like Jim's wife.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com