Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default quick-connect water fittings / how to square cut tube

On Oct 10, 6:31 pm, albee wrote:
I question whether these things will work, but...

My under counter water filter system has quick connect fittings for
the 3/8" tube. They're leaking, and the support line says that they
just must not be cut square.
37 cuts later....

Any suggestion on ensuring a square cut?! I don't understand how these
can form water-tight seals, but they say they do. Thanks.

I never liked those quick connect fittings that come with the filter.
Buy a couple of the steel braided hoses. They come in various sizes.