Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Old Black Tar Floor Adhesive--Safety Question

wrote:
On Oct 10, 3:07 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Paint over it with a non-permeable paint to seal it in. You should
be able to match the color exactly and a quart ought to be enough to
paint to seal up the cracks.

Thanks (also to Ransley). I don't have access to the Internet 24/7,
so I might not answer or read any further answers until tomorrow,
but-- would painting over the cove cement really help? I happen to
think along Ransley's lines; I have a hard time believing that cove
adhesive--*IF* it really is 50 years old--would smell this bad and
have such a bad affect on me.

Heck, as long as I'm on the subject, does anyone know the symptoms of
carbon monoxide poisoning?

Shortness of breath
Nausea
Headache