Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Oppie[_3_] Oppie[_3_] is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

I would use one of your network computers, one that is not used all that
heavily as the print server.

Install the printer normally and then share it with your local network. If
you don't have a working parallel port on the computer, USB to parallel
(bi-directional) converters can be had fairly inexpensively.

All users should be able to use the printer (or not as you set permissions).

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
I there any simple way to adapt a parallel port printer to a network?

I'd like to move a printer to a closet and get it out of the way.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |