Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default How to Network a Parallel Port Printer?

As other have mentioned, what you want is a print server. Here's the list of
what Newegg has, sorted by "best ratings:"
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...O rder=RATING .
Ignore the USB-only ones (which these days are more popular than parallel port
versions!), of course, and decide whether you want it to be wireless or not
for the network connectivity.

I've only had a few over time, having instead switched to printers with the
network interface built-in over the past few years. :-) I do know that the
D-Link DP-301P+ and Netgear PS101 are popular models -- they're likely to be
available at, e.g., Best Buy of Fry's. My mother has one of the Buffalo
LPV3-U2 which has worked well for her, but that's a USB-only model.

---Joel