Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default FM Transceiver Numbers and Actual Frequencies

Erik wrote:
I have the portable radios that use "number codes" for lack of a
better term. They have a large number, such as a 3, and then a small
privacy code number. I have some old walkie-talkies that broadcast on
a set frequency (45.something), and I want to use them together. They
are both FM radios.

Where are you?

They probably are FRS (Family Radio Service) transcievers. In the
America's they use 464 mHz, in Europe, Asia and Africa, they use
446 mHz.

The old "walkie talkies" are probably on 49mHz, a totaly different band.

They could also be on 27 mHz (CB) or 29mHz (29.7-29.9). If you are in
the U.K. and they are really old, they could be 900mHz CB, which was
"deleted" to make way for GSM "mobiles" (cell phones).

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/