Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default blown fuse on fairly new Yamaha HTR 5790 receiver

wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, one step closer. I replaced the two 10,000uf 71v power supply
caps with two 12,000uf 80v caps I had and now the fuse does NOT blow
when I push the power button. But, I hear a relay click and the unit
does still not power up.

It's hard to say exactly what that implies, other than that one of the two
caps was short circuit. I have to say though, that it is rare for large
electros like those to fail short circuit. Have you tried measuring them to
see if either is short ? Is it the standby relay that is clicking, or is
there a delay before you hear the relay, and it is the output relays that
you are hearing ? If the standby relay, does it drop straight back out ?
This is what commonly happens on Yammies when there is an output fault. If
it looks like there is an output fault, go with the good checking advice
that Mark gave. He does a lot of these AV amps, and is well worth following
for specific advice on them.

Arfa