GB

Default Iron bath earthing

"James Michell" wrote in message
om...
What's the point of earthing an iron bath in the bathroom? Surely this
is only going to help you if the bath then somehow becomes live? Which
is not very likely - to put it mildly. Any thoughts?

Hmmm - more likely than you think.

Flat above my office, the guy splashed loads of water out of the bath - I
think he was in there with his girlfriend. The water came through my ceiling
and the light fitting. I was cross because of the water, but he had a truly
electrifying experience. After that, he got his bath earthed.

Incidentally, he did not get fried because the electricity had quite a long
path to travel through, but he got a definite tingle (not from the
girlfriend) and it was potentially a dangerous situation.

I was surprised, like you, but since that incident everything in sight gets
earthed.

Geoff