Posted to alt.home.repair
AB[_2_] AB[_2_] is offline

Default Ceiling Fan...Should it hang or be flush mounted?? DIY Guru advice/suggestions needed,....

Who is the manufacturer of the fan? depending on the manufacturer, downrods
may be available in varying lengths.

http://www.lightingforum.com/ceiling...fans_index.htm a site for
quality ceiling fans.

"Bonnie" wrote in message
The ceiling in my bedroom is about 8 or 9 foot in height ( guessing.)
It is not straight up though. The walls are straight up to the height
of a normal ceiling then the ceiling slants inward all around the room
giving about another 2 or 3 feet in height. Kind of like a vault
maybe. Sorry I cannot describe it better but I don't know the
technical terms.

Regardless, I have a cheap ceiling fan in the room that was there when
I purchased the house. Very cheap, but it works well enough. It is
the kind that hangs about 1.5 - 2 feet from the ceiling.
I also have a new in the box expensive fan that I was going to install
in my old house, never did so brought it to my new home. I've had it
too long to take back. It is a gorgeous fan....I really like it. MY
CONCERN is that the fan is a flush mount (?term?).

If I take down the hanging fan and put in a flush mount would I be
making some kind of DIY Faux Pas? I installed the same fan in my old
home and it gave an excellent breeze and air circulation. Will it
make that much of a difference being flush mounted instead of hanging?

I actually like the flush mount look better.
But, if it should completely suck at moving air, is it simple to make
it into a hanging fan, or is this not possible?

I really think I failed at expressing myself very well, but I hope you
are able to infer what I mean and provide advice to help me.
So I would like to thank anyone taking the time to answer me,
whether or not your advice is helpful, or just a flame, I thank you.

Bonnie P!