Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Phone wiring

On Sep 24, 3:03 pm, Caesar Romano wrote:
On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 18:52:06 -0000, thumor
wrote Re Phone wiring:

Recently bought house. Phone jacks in almost every room.
Ordered new connection from Verizon. Works only in one room.
They say previous owners had atleast 3 lines. They had it wired that
way.
Asking for 95 for first line, and about 50 for each additional line to
rewire!!!!

Anybody else encountered this before?
Any solution / work around except wiring myself from inside using one-
to-many jacks
available in stores?

Thanks.

How about one of those 4-handset wireless phones. Plug the base into
the desired wall outlet and spread the other three handsets wherever.
Like this:http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-i6787-Co...wering/dp/B000...

-- Like this:http://www.amazon.com/Vtech-i6787-Cordless-Didgital-
Answering/dp/B000...

Do Not Buy This Phone Set!!

Seriously - It's haunted or something. I bought that exact set at
BJ's. I put the answering machine in the kitchen, a charger/handset in
my bedroom and a charger/handset in each of the teenager's rooms.

Within hours, all 4 handsets ended up in the teenager's rooms.
Sometimes all 4 handsets end up in one room. I'll go collect them,
put them back in their chargers, and within hours all 4 handsets end
up in the teenager's room, sometimes all 4 handsets in one room. It
never stops. I swear it happens even when the teenagers aren't home.

It must be the handsets.