Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default TV turns on and off when you walk in front of it

b writes:

On 9 oct, 16:17, wrote:
My 6-year old Sony WEGA, 27" tube TV, model KV-27FS13 just started
turning on and off when you walk in front of it at 0-1 ft. It's
repeatable -- walk past once it turns on, walk past again it turns
off. (It happens with anybody, not just me.)

I called Sony, and other than brightening their day with an oddball
problem, had no luck. They did have me remove the batteries from the
remote to rule it out as a problem (no effect).

Any suggestions as to what's going on, why it suddenly developed, and
what, if anything, I should do about it (other than not walking in
front of it UNLESS I want it to turn on or off

dry joint in the power supply probably. open it up and inspect the pcb
or if you dont feel comfortable with that , take t to a shop, just
don't nurse it along as it is probably stressing expensive parts. get
it looked at pronto.

To clarify, most likely what's happening is that you're shifting it
physically and that's breaking a connection, it's not your aura.