Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Somewhat Trivia, Somewhat Curiosity...

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:52:33 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

So, plastic bottles let the CO2 leak through their walls in a few months
and go flat, aluminum cans corrode through like mine did, and you can't
hardly find many kinds of carbonated non-alcoholic beverages in glass
bottles anymore. That's progress???

Jeff

Ive got Mt. Dew in 2 liter bottles that are over a year old, and are
still as fizzy as the day I bought them.

Course..I didnt put a pressure gage on them for a true scientific
test...

Gunner

Some may be better than others I guess.

Google: +permeability +"plastic bottles"

for lots of references to what I was bitching about.

Course there's also the possibility that the lids weren't screwed on
tightly enough when the stuff was bottled, or maybe the "gaskeet
material" wasn't what it should be.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia