libra1958

Default Question shet metal repair

Hello,

I have a question to the group, regarding the repair od sheet-metal, in
particular it the repair of a truck roof.
This roof is off another (similar model) which I cut-off, and is to fit on
top of my existing roof.

This roof has a formed gutter all around which needs repair in several
places because of rust.

That is the best way to repair this gutter.
Id it better to Mig weld or spot weld.

The steel is approx. 18 grade (1.8mm) thickness.

Any ideas on repairing this channel.

Also, I have cut the roof soo that it will fit on top of existing.

What is the best method to attach this roof panel.

Pop-rivet, Spot-weld, adhesives or Mig-weld.

Thanks for all help.