Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default *Another* Bosch dishwasher problem!

stevelup wrote:
On Oct 8, 11:30 pm, Lobster wrote:
Same model as the one with the soap dispenser, as it happens...

Odd, this. SWMBO reported that the machine was making horrible grindy
noises while it was pumping out, but not while it was washing. But of
course, rather than switch off and wait for me to come home and take a
look, she lets it keep running until the end of the cycle and emanation
of what she described as an 'electrical' smell - I'm not entirely sure
which came first. Bless.

Anyway - sounded to me like a Foreign Body in the impeller, so I took
out the filters etc, unscrewed the cover in the sump, and sure enough,
found a hard lump of crud in the pump chamber where i'm sure it was
doing no good at all to the impeller.

Put it all back together, and the pump was clearly spinning fine now.
However, the machine now keeps running when you open the door; which you
have to do as all the controls are hidden on the top edge. I really
don't know what's going on - looks like a failure of some detector
switch or other, but what I really can't fathom is how this can be
related to the original problem of the part-jammed pump. Can't believe
it's coincidence??

Any thoughts

Is it just the pump that is running constantly? If so it's possible
that the triac that runs it has died due to the overload. They are
only a couple of quid - but getting to it might be challenging.

Ooh - yes, exactly that. So a blown triac would cause these symptoms then?

Have had a look at the exploded parts diagram for my model (SGV4313GB)
at http://www.bshappliancecare.com/Bosch/boschspares.html but can't see
anything... is it likely to be physically on the pump motor or remote
somewhere?

I don't know much about electronickery, but I can certainly desolder and
replace a triac if I know where it is... no doubt if the Bosch engineer
comes he'll just dump the whole motor and replace it at cast cost :-(

Dvaid