Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Star drill?

"Harry K" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 8, 12:05 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"PeterD" wrote in message

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 18:22:00 -0700, "
wrote:

Perhaps he wants to re live his youth working with a star drill?

Reliving one's youth is one thing, 40 holes is another! bg Even in
my youth I'd not have wanted to drill 40 holes by hand...

I was a Teamster for 37 years. We had a saying that if you give a lazy
man
a job to do, he'll find the quickest easiest way to do it. I think even
Teamster would go rent a rotohammer.

Steve ;-)

Even a dumb one would wise up after a few holes. Me, I heat with
wood, have a hydraulic splitter but do all my splitting with wedge/
sledge/maul except for the knots/crotches. One the face of it it
looks stupid but I am retired and it is the only real excercise I
get. Going through 6 cord every year keeps me from blowing up like a
balloon.

Harry K

I'm blessed with good genes, I guess. I'm 59, 5-10, 180#, and can outdo
younger men. But after an 8 1/2 hour heart surgery, I choose to use power a
lot. I'm still pretty strong, but nothing like when I was younger. I still
do a lot, but the pain of having your sternum sawed in half never goes away
totally, and I live in constant pain. But it's like working out where it's
cold and wet and dirty. Most of the time I would just tell the young
whiners, "What makes you think I'm not cold, wet, dirty, hungry, and have
water running down the crack of MY ass, too? Now quit your whining, shut
the **** up and go to work like the rest of us."

Hope I don't have my sister's genes. She's 63 and had a heart transplant in
June. Got the heart of a 25 year old man. Says she feels better than she
has in years. I'll bet. For the last year, she's been lugging around a
left ventricular assist machine.

Look that up in your Google.

Steve