Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Star drill?

On Oct 8, 12:05 pm, "SteveB" wrote:
"PeterD" wrote in message

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 18:22:00 -0700, "
wrote:

Perhaps he wants to re live his youth working with a star drill?

Reliving one's youth is one thing, 40 holes is another! bg Even in
my youth I'd not have wanted to drill 40 holes by hand...

I was a Teamster for 37 years. We had a saying that if you give a lazy man
a job to do, he'll find the quickest easiest way to do it. I think even a
Teamster would go rent a rotohammer.

Steve ;-)

Even a dumb one would wise up after a few holes. Me, I heat with
wood, have a hydraulic splitter but do all my splitting with wedge/
sledge/maul except for the knots/crotches. One the face of it it
looks stupid but I am retired and it is the only real excercise I
get. Going through 6 cord every year keeps me from blowing up like a
balloon.

Harry K