Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default help with Speaker wiring...

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 02:45:21 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
John Fields wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
marco9 wrote:

Hey guys new to the NG, but have been monitoring for a bit. I am in need of
a schematic for a two way floor monitor speaker cabinet....heres the
details.....maybe someone can help!!!

the box contains :

1 - 15 Inch 250W H325 woofer which is 8 Ohm
(Not sure of Brand)
1 - Peizo Tweeter (Horn) Fostex 025H30 also 8 Ohm

Piezo tweeter don't have Ohms

---
They don't?

Then how do they manage to do work?

They have Farads.

---
Farads doesn't make them work, what does is the poling of the
ceramic material, which then makes it piezoelectric.

He try to learn something:

http://www.americanpiezo.com/piezo_t...avior.html#top

http://www.pulsardevelopments.com/pr...l/piezoan.html
---

And I'm sure you're going to nitpick now on account of the real
component of work.

---
No need to, now that you've admitted that there _is_ a real,
resistive component to work. Not only that, a piezo transducer
exhibits an electrical (as well as mechanical) _impedance_ (as
opposed to merely a reactance) so there's also a real, resistive
component there.
---

I suspect that may be outside the OP's area of scientific
understanding though.

---
So what? Do you think that somehow minimizes your ignorance?

Actually, I simply don't feel the need to confuse the beginner with detail unrelated
to his enquiry. I see plenty of responders who choose to answer a simple question
with a lecture, I for my part prefer to offer a concise answer.

---
LOL, so saying that "Farads" is what makes it work (even though
that's wrong) won't confuse the OP because it's concise?

--
JF