Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default How to remove a padlock?!

wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 14:55:22 GMT, "Toller" wrote:

I bought a boat and trailer last spring. Yesterday I was checking the
tire
pressure before taking the boat out for the winter when I realized the
spare
tire was padlocked on and I don't have a key. That could be embarrassing.

It is a laminated steel padlock. Do I beat it with a sledge hammer until
it
gives way. saw it with a sawsall and metal blade, or must I use a hacksaw?
Any other suggestions? (don't have boltcutters...)

cutoff wheel in a diegrinder or dremel tool will cut the hasp pretty
easily.

Took about 2 seconds. Thanks again!