Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction
George George is offline

Default Star drill?

willshak wrote:

The hammer drill (or better yet, rotary hammer) is one of the more
indispensable tools - there's nothing that works even remotely as
well. Your question is vaguely akin to someone asking which is the
best brand of screwdriver to use as a chisel, 'cepting a screwdriver
is a lot closer to a chisel substitute.

I don't see the analogy about using a screwdriver as a chisel when the
hand tool I was asking about is used for the purpose for which it was made.

People are just trying to point out that you are really choosing to make
a lot of work for yourself by insisting on using a star drill which no
one uses anymore for obvious reasons.

You could rent a rotary hammer for not much more than the cost of a star
drill and drill all of the holes in no time with considerably less effort.

Yes, I know they used star
drills for ages, and yes I know you could do it that way, but I'd
borrow or rent one, or buy/sell on eBay to get the proper tool for the
job. You'll find all sorts of projects for it.